It is the Friday morning of one of my hardest weeks yet at Engauge. For that reason, this seems more important than ever. These are a few of my favorite verses for work/life – or life/work as some at Engauge like to call it – balance.
- Commit your work to the LORD, and then your plans will succeed. -Proverbs 16:3
- The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone. -Exodus 18:18
- Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. -Colossians 3:23
- Work hard, but not just to please your masters when they are watching. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. -Ephesians 6:6
- Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own? -Luke 16:10-12
- Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. -James 1:19
- You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. -1 Peter 3:4